Microwaving a welding rod (plus bonus feature)

Go down

Microwaving a welding rod (plus bonus feature)

Post by Captain Microwave on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:33 am

I expected this to be run of the mill sparking but the rainbow of colours was really cool. It was a combination of the aluminium welding rod, the copper wire, the little bit of solder, and the other random junk I threw in.

I'm doing something new, called Lost Episodes, where I air microwave me episodes that I never aired for one reason or another. This was the egg episode I'd planned for December 2012 as episode 21, but due to visibility issues (and my slight overreaction at the end), I decided not to air it, although I was on the fence about it. I ended up redoing the egg a couple weeks later and airing Jell-O in its place instead.

This is the one I ended up using for my actual egg episode. Much better, wouldn't you agree?

Captain Microwave

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/MicrowaveMeShow

Back to top Go down

Re: Microwaving a welding rod (plus bonus feature)

Post by Kraizter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 am

Really nice videos you got there! How far from the Microwave are you standing when you do these "Dangerous but fun" experiments? Smile

Kraizter
Slightly More Destructive
Slightly More Destructive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Microwave on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks! Glad ya like 'em! Smile

Anyways, it depends on what I'm filming. Before I had a tripod, I would have handheld filmed most things unless they were highly explosive, then I'd set the camera down on something then walk about 5 metres away from the microwave. Usually now for things like metal and light bulbs I stand about 2 metres away, but for explosive things like aerosol cans I'm at least 5 metres away. I know when I did the champagne bottle I was over 10 metres away and still the door almost hit me.

Captain Microwave

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/MicrowaveMeShow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down